Want to earn FREE CEUs?
Review a CELL title and get a free certificate!
More details here
CELL has online video and audio files, DVDs, and CDs for professional development. In addition, we have titles designed to show to clients and families.
Credit is offered for:
- ABESPA Renewal. All titles count toward ABESPA Content Area I unless otherwise indicated. (Chart for converting the duration of the CELL tapes to ABESPA CE hours.)
- ALSDE: School-based clinicians may use school-related CELL titles for staff development credit. The Certification Office of the Alabama State Department of Education has agreed to accept the certificate of attendance for credit.
- ASHA certification. CELL titles count toward maintaining ASHA's CCC [the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC). However, they will not appear on the CE Registry and cannot apply towards the ACE award. You will report the hours to ASHA yourself on the Certification Maintenance Compliance Form.
If you want to use CELL the old fashioned way, here's how it works:
1. Select. Choose titles of interest to you from the CELL listing. You may borrow up to one title at a time, for a two-week period, except as noted below. You may list alternate titles on your order form so that if the title you select is not available, another can be sent to you without delay.
2. Submit your order for materials to be mailed to you.
Online: Complete the online order form, which requires online payment for the $15 CELL fee. Your requested title will be mailed to you.
By mail: Fill out an order form and mail, with your enclosed check for $15 payable to SHAA (Speech and Hearing Association of Alabama), to:
126 Iron Horse Trl
Harvest AL 35749-8130
Although you may phone your inquiries regarding availability, at (256) 230-5821, or fax your questions to (256) 325-8885, we regret that we cannot ship your request without having received your payment.
3. Learn by studying the tape(s) and documenting what you learn on the enclosed Documentation Form.
4. Return the material(s) along with the Documentation Form within two weeks to Vicki Copeland at the address above (shown also on the Documentation Form), paying for return postage and insurance. Be thoughtful to your fellow professionals and return promptly! Your Continuing Education Certificate will then be sent via email. (Keep this in case of ABESPA/ASHA/Alabama State Department of Education audit or for official documentation for your employer.)
- Expect CELL service to be suspended during holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.).
- Please plan to order before holidays.
- CELL demand is especially high in October, November, and December.
- Order early to get your favorite titles, or ask Vicki for alternative suggestions
CELL actively seeks input for new selections. Please forward suggestions to:
Ms. Marian Welch, CELL Chair
Phone: (205) 540-5684